Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hela Blog Week 13

" Henrietta spent the next two days in the hospital,recovering from her first radium treatment. Doctors exmined her inside out , pressing her stomach ,inserting new catherters in her bladder ,fingures into her vagina and anus,needles in her veins. They wrote in her chart saying""30 yr old coloured female lying quietly in no evident distress" and "and patient feels quite well tonight. Moralle is good and she is ready to go home."
  • Why did you choose this particular passage to write about?  Describe your own thoughts and questions. Did it awaken a memory of your own?  Describe it vividly. 
  • Did it raise questions you hope will be answered?  How so?
  • For this week, your two journals can come from anywhere within the first six chapters in the book.
I chose this paragrapgh because i felt I related to it . We all fall sick sometimes and the thought of you going to a hospital and getting a misdiagnosis just makes me feel sick to the bone . You only have one life to live ,If anthing happens that may lead to your demise . Theres no trials with human life . We  know even doctors are humans and we al make errors though not intentional but leaving a pair of Tongs in a human being is plain unaceptable and should be a crime punishable by law.I personally have gone to the hospital quite sometimes and have had encounters with Doctors whom I feel have Mis diagnosied me. I have very little faith in Doctors . I kind of feel that hospitals are run like businesses. There is very litltle genuity  since money is the priority of many establishments . I also feel Insurance is  scam.
The questions that I had that Id want to be answered are ... What kind of evolution has there been in the medical field Since the Hela fiaasco ? What kind of compensation has been givento the Hela family  ? the least they deserve from Medicine is at least Medical coverage . Kind of curious how Clove ie the city Hela was is at the Moment ? The way that it was described really devastating .  The  most Important question I am Concerned about is The authenticity Rebecca Scoot had in writting this book ? Was she writting  just to sell print ? Was the story in any way exxegerated in any way ? DId the family have a cut in the book ?  I may have been brainwashed from reviews and the research I did about his book because I researched it before i read it. Could Hela have been saved If she was living today given all the advancement we have had in the medical field
Second paeragraph
Henrietta Went Straight to the admission desk and told the receptionist  that she was there for her treatment .Then she signed a form with  the words OPERATION PERMIT aat the top of the page . It said
I hereby give consent to the staff of The John Hopkins Hospital to perform any operative procedures under any anasthetic  either local or general that may deem necessary  in the proper surgical care and the Treatment of____________________________________
We have all gone to hospital sometimes and ended up signing this concent form at one point in time . I am not sure how many people really understand the implication  of it. I say this about myself...I know that on so many other circumstances that we do the same but with this it pertains to our lives.
My wife had a ceserian section and it only took a minute to read and sign the concent form. A good number of people end up having C sections whil delivering children ,Why ? I think its  short cut and an easy way of maximise dollar input for the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment